2020 Postponement

By April 24, 2020 May 7th, 2020 Goose News

Festival Postponement – What We Know and What We Don’t Know

We’re not ready to say “It’s Over.” But we know we can’t have a festival in July. 

So for now, we’re postponing. We’ve narrowed it down to two possible dates: September 10-13, 2020, or July 2021.

What are the chances of an actual September festival? We don’t know. We know we’re looking at a “new normal” for a long time. We don’t know what that will look like in September.

Why don’t we just cancel? Because we don’t see any downside to leaving the September possibility open while “the new normal” evolves. So much of our planning for this year is already complete, it allows us to work with a shorter go/no go lead time.

We do know this, above all else: We will not have a September festival unless we can meet all the criteria of “safe.”

So, please save the date but write it in pencil, and keep your eraser nearby.

We hope you’ll hang in here with us while we sit this out. We’ll make a final decision on the September dates early this summer. At that time, we’ll offer several options for those who have already purchased tickets.

For now, we’re working to develop the Wild Goose Community, an online experience of conversation, music, 24/7 drop-in spaces, scheduled sessions, and whatever you can think of – kind of a Do-It-Yourself Goose. We want this to be heavily community-driven – we’re building the highway but you have to drive on it! CHECK IT OUT HERE

Please keep yourselves safe. We still have a long way to go. Hang in there.

 

 

Leave a Reply